The coach or an instructor pairs you up with a partner or puts you in a group.
Each person gets a number. (example: 454)
When it is your groups turn to perform, the judges start to look at you.
You will perform usually consisting of a cheer and a dance; sometimes a sideline is included.
The judges will score each member of your tryout group by number.
You exit and the list of people who made it can be posted in a couple of hours or in a number of days.
That is what you will generally expect at a tryout. Now, for the tips!!!!!
* Do your best, you never know the coach might be checing you out.
* Smile, even when you are just practicing.
* Watch the instructors carefully and ask questions if you have to.
* Practice in front of the mirror and HIT YOUR
* SMILE!!!! This is the most important thing, even if you make a mistake, keep smiling!
* Be positive.
* Hit your moves, and make them look sharp and clean.
* Wear your hair up into a ponytail and wear little or no makeup. (foundation/powder and mascara)
* Be loud, the judges like loud voices.
* On your jumps, make them neat and tight. POINT YOUR TOES ON THOSE TOE TOUCHES!!!!
If you have any other tryout tips, please send them to: WHCheergrl@aol.com